Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

What a beautiful day today is. The sun is shining, God's in His Heaven and all is right with the world. I thought I was more than a bit crazy venturing out onto the golf course at 7:30 this morning wearing 4 layers of clothing and winter gloves. The temperature was somewhere around 37. But you know enough just has to be enough. Last week I actually found myself angry at the weather. Me. The one who always mocks my husband for his obsession with knowing what the forecast is and keeping up with the constant changes. My attitude is pretty much wait and see what comes and don't worry about it until it gets here. There is nothing you can do about it anyway. You see, one thing about living around Chicago all your life is that you never really know what the weather is going to be until it gets here, and once it does, it is not likely to maintain the status quo.

But really, three full weeks of rain and cold in April leaking into May with narey a break? Come on  who can blame me for being angry?

Well as I always say "what a blessing to have friends". The day I became so angry, I called a friend I hadn't spent much time with lately and made a lunch date. Even running into the restaurant in the pouring rain lost its power to detract from good company and good conversation. I only wish I had made the effort sooner to reach out and touch someone instead of waiting for the clouds to clear. For a day, anyway, I was able to clear my own clouds away.

By the time we finished the second hole, the sun came out, the gloves came off, and the outermost layer of clothing  was shed. I am so glad that I was not deterrred by the early morning gloom because now I feel like I could lick anything that comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment